Have questions? Drop us a line to say hello.
10 tips for marketing your real estate business
You already know that marketing is a key competency for building a thriving real estate business – but how do you do it successfully?
For many of us, the idea of “selling yourself” is a somewhat new and uncomfortable concept. Marketing might be a completely new skill set, and maybe even a slightly intimidating one. It means putting yourself out there over and over again, nailing your elevator pitch and value proposition, and reaching out to prospects and even cold leads.
No matter how daunting it may seem at first, with the right skills and a bit of practice, you’ll soon become a confident marketer and watch those leads roll in. Here are 10 tips to get you started.
- Build a fantastic website. Your website is the hub for all of your other marketing activity, and it’s the first place you’ll direct new prospects to. Make sure it shines with good design, strong visuals, great copywriting that clearly communicates the value you have to offer your clients.
- Brush up on your social media skills. You already know that social media is a key piece of the marketing puzzle these days, and a critical driver of new business. Take the time to learn how to use each platform for strategic business purposes – which can look very different than personal use.
- Invest in the right tools and services. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel – invest in the software and services that will help make marketing a breeze! That might look like hiring a web or graphic designer to get your site up and running, or buying a social media scheduling software to make posting automatic.
- Network, network, network. Make your social media marketing SOCIAL. Tag people, ask your audience questions, run polls, re-share content, give shout-outs, etc. The more connections you can make online, they better. Make your marketing people-centric, and start building a community (not just a client list).
- Invest in great visuals. Whether you’re hiring a photographer for a professional headshot, getting top-notch photos of your listings, or buying editing pre-sets for your social media, it’s important to take the time to make your visual assets pop. Your photos are the first impression of your business, and you want them to be as high-quality as possible.
- Master the art of storytelling. Don’t just talk AT your audience – talk TO them. One of the best ways you can do this is by telling a story. Follow the principle of “show, don’t tell” – instead of saying “I can help you buy the home of your dreams,” share a story and photo of your clients planting a garden in that backyard they’ve always wanted, or setting up the kids’ new playroom.
- Take a crash course in advertising. There are lots of resources online to help you get a handle on how to optimize your advertising. From billboards to digital ads, there are so many options to amplify your message. It’s worth spending some time learning how they work, what they cost, and what works best for you.
- Keep on top of industry tips and news. Stay on top of what’s going on in the real estate world, and become a lifelong learner by seeking out new tips and ideas to improve your business. We recommend exploring the REcosystem’s many resources – it’s a great hub for this type of content.
- Make it an experience. What are clients more likely to remember – a bus ad, or a personalized holiday card in their mailbox? An email, or the amazing appetizers and conversations at your open house? Think of creative ways to engage your clients in an emotionally resonant experience.
- Work your sphere of influence. In real estate, your best brand advocates are the people you already know. Mobilize your friends, family, and communities to help share your message. Word of mouth can be the most effective marketing tool of all.
We hope these tips help spark some new ideas as you work on marketing your new real estate business. What would you add to the list?
Comments are closed.